Skip to main content

In Which I Am a Bad Blogger

If you're reading this, you might have noticed I haven't written a blog post in two months. This is partially because school kept me from having time to write anything. It also kept me from having the energy to read. I always make time to read even if it seems like there should be no way I'm able to. But this school year, it hasn't even really been an issue of time. It's more of an issue of energy. I was always, always tired. (Still haven't really gotten over that yet) I always wanted to be reading something but even though I have a huge backlist of books I want to get to eventually, I couldn't think of anything, or find anything, or nothing held me.

This school year has not been easy on me. It was my junior year and I can only hope that my senior year, which I start in about two months, isn't any harder. Even if it is, I refuse to let it get to me the way this year did. I'm finally going to listen to the advice my boyfriend has been giving me for months: to take care of myself first.

I'm also not going to let any of the things that aren't (can't be) number one on my list be a source of guilt for me. Like this blog. I considered giving it up because I hadn't written anything and I couldn't see myself having time or energy again. But none of that was true or I wouldn't be writing this now. Instead, I'm going to relax it a little. When I don't have time to read a whole book or write a whole review, I'll do something like this and let you see a little more of my life. I want this to be more casual and so it feels more personal rather than like a list of books I've read.

In that same vein, I'd be willing to take any suggestions for things I should read or features I should add.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wonder That Is NetGalley

I've recently joined NetGalley which is a website where so-called "professional readers" (read: bloggers, librarians, booksellers, etc.) can request print ARCs and e-galleys from publishers. Of course, this is not the only way to request books from publishers. Sometimes bloggers are sent books from publishers without having to ask, but I have not reached that level yet. The other way to get advanced copies is to email the publisher directly and ask for a copy. To do this, you have to write out a whole, official email telling them about yourself and your blog and asking for a copy, which can be very intimidating. I have requested books from publishers directly and I do plan on continuing to do this (it's how I got my copy of Tonight the Streets Are Ours  by Leila Sales) but NetGalley is a great option. You get a faster response and you don't have to write out a whole email. There are a lot of books available to request, especially ones you might not have known ...

Spring Reads 2019

I'm coming up to the end of my semester which is a relief. The most exciting part is that I'll finally have time to read! I'm also planning on finally playing some of the video games that the Internet and my boyfriend have been telling me to play for forever.  I thought I would share with y'all the books I'm most looking forward to reading as soon as my exams are over.  Also, for the sake of transparency, the links in this post are affiliate links to Amazon. These don't change the price for you, but I do get a percentage of the cost of anything you buy through the link. It would be great if you used these links, but please feel free to buy these books however you want or get them at your local library.  I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver May 28, 2019 Buy from Amazon When Ben De Backer comes out to their parents as nonbinary, they're thrown out of their house and forced to move in with their estranged older sister, Hannah, and her husb...

Book Review: Paisley Memories by Zelle Andrews

Title:   Paisley Memories: The Beginning of Me Author: Zelle Andrews Synopsis: At seventeen, Tess Cooper was a high school drop-out, an orphan, and a single mom to a baby girl with Down syndrome. The next two years didn’t turn out like she thought it would.   After her dad’s death, she flees Brooksville, Alabama, in his beloved 1957 Thunderbird before the red clay on his grave can settle. A year of traveling from place to place brings Tess and Paisley to the deep fried, southern town of Panacea, Florida, where her money runs out.  A stranger, named Butterball, takes them in and gives Tess a job taking pictures at Wakulla Springs State Park and the annual Sopchoppy Work Grunting Festival.   Afraid to trust these people, Tess plans to leave, but the T-bird is stolen and she is forced to stay. Paisley is thriving on all the attention. Tess weighs her options. Can she give her baby what she needs? Should she put down roots in this place where she has fou...